Friday, May 3, 2013

Orange Surprise


I flipped my orange bucket over to catch some rain water (rain was in the forecast, nothing happened) instead of water, I caught Rodney.

This makes the second animal I've caught in my
bucket, I've got to stop doing this.

Poor baby.  He (or she) was happy to be free and I am thankful I discovered my prisoner before our record setting cold front arrived in North Texas.

I now have a couple of lizards living in my little birdhouse.  I'm hoping they will keep the bugs away this summer. 

Take a closer look - Rodney's about to
pop inside the birdhouse.

I'm afraid my adventure (the one I hinted at last week) is not a tale of world travel but a sad lesson in 21st century money management.  I got a call from my bank fraud hotline a couple of Saturdays ago and was told someone in southeast Texas was using my debit card at the same time I was using it in north Texas.  I won't go into details because I have very few and I'm still waiting to hear the outcome of my appeal for the charges (just under $900) made on a counterfeit card with my information on it.   This is one of those "What am I supposed to be learning from all this?" life lessons. 

I am still learning. I encourage everyone (no matter where you are in life) to keep learning, be open to new experiences... learn from the mistakes of others, and pay with cash.

*


6 comments:

mxtodis123 said...

Oh, that is awful. What makes it worse is that the victim has to go through so much. About three years ago someone hacked my husband's bank. Two years later we found out that someone had gotten hold of his information and bought cell phones and did not pay the bill. The charge was over $1500 and he had to go through a lot of trouble to get it back.
Mary

TexWisGirl said...

oh, good luck on the fraud! so glad they alerted you!

HolleyGarden said...

Rodney is cute. I hope he makes that birdhouse his home. We have had several credit cards that have been stolen in the past. So, now we don't use debit cards, and online we use prepaid cards. It's terrible to have to go to so much trouble, isn't it? I hope you get it all straightened out with your bank.

YONKS said...

Horrendous experience Joy. It happened to me a few years back. My bank called and asked if I was in the USA as someone was using my debit card there! I got the money back and I'm sure you will too. Good luck.

What a cute little lizzie :-)
Much love
Di
xxxxx

Sue Catmint said...

dear Joy, sorry about your nasty experience - but I did laugh on reading your last paragraph! Paying with cash is like living without using a computer - hard to imagine. Sweet lizard - I recently found one too, but I was a negligent human and didn't give him / her a name.

RURAL said...

Hi Joy, it's not even just using debit cards, my husbands identity was stolen from a junk mailing for credit cards...we didn't find out until 6 months later when the bill collectors started to call us.

Obviously we had nothing to do with it, and it took a long time to clear up. He still encounters problems years later.

I certainly hope that they get it cleared up for you.

Jen