Monday, September 16, 2013

Changes

The past few weeks have been wonderful -- busy, busy, and just a bit crazy. 

First, I'm going to be a grandmother!  Due at Christmas - I just wanted earrings, but no, my daughter and son-in-law insist - a baby before the New Year.  Our family is growing - how exciting!  Someone new to love.  Sigh.

Also, my son graduated from Texas A&M and we now have a second lieutenant in the family.  He's off on adventures of his own, much loved and thought of, and we are very proud of him. 

I've visited with many of my family and friends lately (still have a few on my list that I hope to see soon) - you are all loved.  Hope you are happy and doing well and, if any of you are coming to visit, please call an hour before you arrive so I can change the sheets and clean the bathroom...

In all the excitement I forgot to mail a package to Betty Lou at American Vintage Quilts so tomorrow I'm off to the post office to mail some fabric to her.  Fabric I promised her in June has been sitting here gathering dust while I've been out having fun.

I'm going to try to post on a more regular basis, it helps me get things done and lets my mother and my children know that I'm still here.

Mr. J&C and I have been harvesting okra and having all kinds of fun cleaning house and ---- o.k., we have harvested and eaten okra from our garden a few times.  We've also been to a few college football games, slept in a several hotels, eaten delicious food, and traveled a bunch (two oil changes in two months a bunch).  One of us may have to dust - soon - I hope it will be fun.

Well, I sat down to get you caught up on my adventures and I almost forgot to tell you about the big change here at the house...


 
I moved the hummingbird feeder to the front yard, next to the dining room window - now meals are livelier on both sides of the window.

Happy Monday!


*

8 comments:

Marigold Jam said...

Sounds like you have had some fun times in spite of it being so hot in as well as a lovely little new person to love for Christmas! How wonderful for you.

TexWisGirl said...

congratulations to you and your family on the successes and addition! so glad all is well. :)

i detest dusting - and it shows!

YONKS said...

A lovely glimpse of your life. Sounds idyllic! Congratulations dear friend. I miss humming birds so much!
Di
xoxox

RURAL said...

Oh congrats on the soon to be new addition, maybe there will be twins so one for each ear...just teasing.

And a word of encouragement, I used to have a 2 mp camera...point and shoot, and it took great photos...it's the photographer, not the camera so much. Keep clicking.

Jen

Mary said...

How exciting you will have a new little one to hug for Christmas, huge congratulations and hope all goes well for your daughter.

Summer has been busy for you and all sounded a lot of fun. Oh that darned dust, where does it come from? At this point I'm just calling it 'patina' and, like you, as long as the bathrooms sparkle the rest will have to wait!

Congrats. to your son - you must be very proud of his accomplishments and he'll go far I'm sure.

Sweet hummers - we've only had one this Summer coming to various flowers as I didn't put a feeder out. Numerous other birds around constantly though, how much life and joy they bring to the garden.

Happy day dear - Mary

HolleyGarden said...

Congrats on becoming a grandmother! That's a fantastic Christmas present! Enjoy watching the hummers. That was a great idea - I really should move mine to where I can see them!

Jenny said...

How exciting to have a little one arrive at Christmas. It makes it more special. It is fun to hear about all you have been doing. More power to you! xo Jenny

Robin Larkspur said...

Nice to visit you today, has been along time. I too, have not been the best at posting this summer, or visiting blogs! TIme to get back on track. Sounds like much happiness all the way around in your family. How exciting to have a new college grad, and now a new baby on the way! Very great tidings!! Forget about dusting, that can wait!!