Thursday, August 11, 2011

Something New

I am saving the planet.  Drop by drop.  Well, actually I'm helping my plants.  I keep a blue Rubbermaid gallon pitcher under the kitchen sink.  When I have 'extra' water I dump it in.   This is what I use to water my container plants.  (I also use water from the garden hose - face it, it has been extremely hot this summer and my garden has needed all the water I can give it.)  I thought I was the most clever person around until I discovered other folks do this, too.  My mom reminded me that she has done this and even my grandmothers did it (I probably learned from them and just forgot who to give the credit to - sorry!) Looks like we're all saving the planet.  Good, good...



Do you know about Dream Notebooks?  Not the list of things you've dreamed about each night, I'm sure those are wonderful in their own way - many of my own dreams involve me not having my parking lot ticket and being stuck in the garage tower... go figure.  I'm talking about keeping a list of things you want to do (aka Bucket List) or just a place to keep pictures of things you would like to have in your life or just pictures you find beautiful or inspiring.  Over the years I have had several drawing pads that I've added my sketches and drawings, pictures from magazines (no, I'm not the one taking the recipes out of the magazines in waiting rooms) or things I've seen on the Internet.  It has been a way for me to keep up with things I like and not have them scattered all over the place.  A few years ago I saw the movie "The Secret" and one of the segments was about a man and his Dream Board, similar to my Dream Notebook/drawing pad idea, with all his favorite pictures on it, and I realized people know about that....  so ....

Do you know about PINTEREST?  It's my new toy (yes, my friend, Patti, told me about it - I didn't make this up and I already accept that other people know about it).  It's so clever - I've added their 'follow me' thingy on to my blog, so you can see some of the things that I like.  But, and this is the cool part - you can have a page of your own.  What is it?  Is there someone out there who doesn't know about this?  I feel so clever again.  You know how you'll see something on the Internet and say, "I should show this to So & So?"  Or maybe you've seen stuff you like and would like to have a picture of it (anything!  Your next haircut, the perfect pair of boots, something you're searching antique shops for - your name it) now you have a place to keep all those pictures and reminders and when you add it to your Pinterest boards your friends can see the wonderful things you like and so on.  I've had it less than two weeks so there's not tons of stuff on my boards.  Also, my account is set up to receive emails from friends who follow, this week I saw something someone posted that she loved and I had one!  I called her up and said "Come get it."  And she did.  Who's the clever girl now?  Check them out, let me know what you think.  Please follow their rules - it is their site - and have fun.

No comments: